Jane's African Blog

Progress reports on my adventure to South Africa - to speak at the LIASA national library conference!

Friday, February 03, 2006

Pictures of South African Learners!


It has been a while since I posted any pictures of my trip. There are some wonderful ones of the children I saw, the animals in Kruger National Park, and the people I spent so much time with! Hopefully, I can get some of the up here!

Below are pictures of children and teenagers I met at two schools in Free State, SA. They are students who received books from my school last year. And the students at Naperville Central will be sending more books to the same schools again!



A young poet from Hlajoane Secondary school stands with me and his school librarian. This young man won 2nd place in a college poetry contest. His inspiration came from the books we sent!


This shot is of part of the student body at his school. They all stood patiently during an outdoor program to celebrate my visit. There was even a vocal ensemble which sang a song they wrote about fighting over the few books they have & not having enough books!


This shot if of some of the teachers at one of the primary schools I visted. This one also received books from Naperville.


It was a delightful surprise when these young Southo (soo-too) dancers performed for me when I visited their school.


These young boys were having a great time celebrating my visit. Their smiles were a joy to experience!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home