Jane's African Blog

Progress reports on my adventure to South Africa - to speak at the LIASA national library conference!

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Schedule Updates

I received an e-mail from my SA Embassy contact on Friday. "They" have managed to put together a very packed schedule for me! It looks like I am to fly into Johannesburg on Tuesday, September 20th - a week earlier than I expected originally.

The next morning I should be participating in a program in Johannesburg, organized by the chair for the LIASA School Libraries Interest Group. That afternoon I will most likely fly to Bloemfontein.

Thursday, the 22nd will be spent in Free State (where we sent all the books!). That afternoon or evening I am to fly to Durban. (Whew!)

Friday, the 23rd will be a program in Durban (structure and content yet unknown). I would then have the weekend free to sight see or return to Mpumalanga province (where the LIASA conference is to be held.)

Monday the 26th is the beginning of the conference and it runs through til Friday (on which morning I am to give my speech).

After the speech giving they have me down for an overnight trip to Kruger National Park, returning to Nelspruit on Saturday. I would then return to the US on Oct. 1st or 2nd.

Wow! What a schedule! We shall see how it all shakes down. The final arrangements are to be made this coming week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home